Thursday, December 2, 2010

Breafast on the cheap

Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but if you don't plan ahead it can break your budget.  This week I've been using my Thanksgiving leftovers for breakfast.  I know you're probably thinking "WHAT, Thanksgiving and breakfast don't match." But I promise they do.  AND it's yummy.  I used leftovers of my scalloped sweet potatoes and made them into a mash.  Then you just smear it between two tortillas and cook it.  I melted some butter in a saute pan and "fried" it, but if you want you can use some cooking spray or bake it on the oven for 10-15 min.

When it comes to breakfast be creative.  You don't have to eat the typical breakfast foods for breakfast, make what makes you happy.  And if you love breakfast, great news you can eat it for dinner.  I love breakfast for dinner.  Waffles, pancakes or french toast easy and cheap.  So have a little dinner for breakfast and save the good stuff for when you're awake enough to enjoy it!